Sunday, February 26, 2012

DJ Paulo

Since my first steps in tango dancing I have become immersed in tango music, compiling and collecting intensively from all authors related to tango. Having a great passion for tango music and dance, I naturally decided to also give a go to tango DJ’ing. For the past few years I have played my music in milongas in Rotterdam, Leiden and Alkmaar; and now I would like to do it much more often.


Therefore, I am making myself available for DJ gigs for any milonga organized in Holland. In this way, I am proposing that I DJ for free (for the 1st event) at your milonga so you can get to know myself as a tango DJ. After the 1st milonga, if you are happy with the result, I am available for a normal fee for any future event you might want to organize.

As for my DJ style: I like all kinds of tango dance music. From golden age tango to tango vals, milonga, vocal, instrumental, older tango, new compositions and new ensembles, electrotango, fado, classical and others. I can create a repertoire absolutely adjusted to your taste. If you prefer a traditional tango evening I’ll gladly compose for you a repertoire of only golden age recordings of tangos, milongas and waltzes from Arienzo to Pugliese and Canaro, Di Sarli, Biagi, Fresedo, etc. And if you would like to experiment with new sounds not so typical to the current milongas I would like then to include sonorities from not only the already known neo groups(Gotan, Bajofondo, Narcotango, etc) but also from Portuguese Fado, Spanish sounds, classical music, jazz and fusions of traditional music with pop. I like to create tandas with specific atmospheres divided with cortinas so that the journey through the sound of the whole milonga is as rich and inspiring as possible.

So, having said this, I hope you accept my invitation to invite me to your milonga for a free demonstration (travel costs only) of my DJ skills.

You can click also here for a list of favourite songs I can play.

If interested in having me DJ at your event contact me at:
pcmoreno@yahoo.com
0640896901

No comments:

at the Verening Theater in Nijmegen with Jolanda Walder - 4 Jan 2010

at the Verening Theater in Nijmegen with Jolanda Walder - 4 Jan 2010
at the Verening Theater in Nijmegen with Jolanda Walder - 4 Jan 2010

from a photoshoot for Buenos Aires aan de Waal, Nijmegen. With Jolanda Walder

from a photoshoot for Buenos Aires aan de Waal, Nijmegen. With Jolanda Walder
from a photoshoot for Buenos Aires aan de Waal, Nijmegen. With Jolanda Walder